Spur of the moment, we found ourselves at Pete’s New Haven Style Pizza in Clarendon the other night. This is their latest location to open in the DC area. A place, I’ve been dying to try for years but never managed to get to. And, I’m happy to report: Pete did NOT disappoint!
Here’s the skinny:
- Pete’s serves a variety of pizza as well as a few delicious appetizers, salad, pasta and panini.
- Their pizza crust was not only safe for my dairy, egg, peanut, tree nut, sesame seed allergic son, but also delicious!
- They serve gluten-free pizza should you be avoiding wheat as well as soy cheese pizza should you be avoiding dairy. That’s pretty exciting if you’re dealing with multiple allergies.
- Refreshingly, the pizza is sold both by the slice and the pie and comes in all kinds of interesting mouth-watering varieties.
- Pete’s also serves desserts made in-house – including sorbet! This was HUGE news as gelato typically contains dairy and sometimes nuts. They have one scooper per flavor and I was told that if ever a scooper needs to be used for another flavor, it must first be thoroughly washed. That’s better than you get at Baskin Robbins!
The atmosphere was perfect for kids and allergy-aware. I, personally, can’t wait to go back!