Ingredients (**see bottom for gluten-free substitutions**):
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup dairy-free margarine
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour** (see below for gluten-free substitution)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Cream the sugar, shortening, pumpkin and vanilla together. Mix until light and well combined.
Mix the flour, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until set. Let cookies cool on a rack.
- 2 cup rice flour
- 1 cup soy flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoon xanthan gum
I am thankful for these cookies!