Okay, well I didn’t eat all of Park City. But it was my vacation too, and I’m not cooking! So, after another great day of skiing we ventured out. This time to Wasatch Brew Pub and Cantina.
Having eaten at Wasatch in the past, my husband led us up Main St. We were seated upstairs and carefully eyed the menu for dishes my son could safely eat.
While our waiter was filling our drinks at the bar, I strolled over to ask a few food allergy questions before I presented my son with menu options. I was so sincerely impressed with, and appreciative of, the answers from both our waiter and the nearby food manager. They were sooooo accommodating and showed a thorough understanding of food allergy safety.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Their fry oil is vegetable in which they fry only french fries and chicken fingers.
- They make their own (sesame seed-free, nut-free) pizza dough on-site.
- Wasatch offers gluten-free buns/breads.
- In the interest of full disclosure, I was told there are nuts in kitchen (for salad and the trout) – not used in their fryer.
- They did not have information whether sesame seeds might be present in the hamburger buns, so we abstained.
I guessed aloud that my son would probably order a burger to be safe….to which the food manager replied that she’d feel better if the kitchen used a separate, clean pan to sear my son’s burger away from the grill for safety. The instinct was right on and I was more than appreciative.
And, as if that weren’t enough, our waiter came to speak to my husband and I while we waited for our food. “I just want to let you know, our manager is watching the line like a hawk!” I don’t think we could have loved this place more!
…until I had their mac and cheese. When my son can eat dairy, we’re coming back for bucketsful!