We stumbled upon Easy Street Brasserie and Bar on our very first night in Park City, UT. The French-based menu looked interesting and we were starving! Although we don’t avoid gluten any longer, the certified gluten-free sign on the door appeared promising. Any restaurant that goes to the trouble of having a gluten-free certified menu must understand the importance of good allergen-safety.
The staff at Easy Street were excellent about answering our allergy-related questions, verifying possible allergens again and again happily. For example, they relayed that the calamari we were interested in was technically safe but fried in oil with other dishes that contained nuts (we had asked about ingredients but not yet focused on the fry oil).
Here’s a little more to consider:
- The bread was safe for my son (meaning it was sesame seed, peanut and tree nut-free);
- There was no butter added to the steaks, as you sometimes find (ew AND unnecessary!);
- They were glad to substitute unsafe portions of a meal with safe sides;
- We ordered a charcuterie platter since I love cheese and crackers and we all love salami and carpaccio. Not only could my son gobble down the meat, but the cheese came with Carrs Water Crackers which are safe!
- BUT there were no safe desserts for my son. Everything had dairy at a minimum.
I feel like I need to reiterate how pleasant the entire staff was throughout our meal.
Will we be making it back before we leave? Mais, oui!