After keeping my tight schedule, relaying instructions to the babysitter in fast forward, beating traffic and getting the best possible parking in an area known for it’s rare spaces, my friend and I managed to miss the movie we have been so excited to see. We didn’t exactly miss it…. In fact, the theater closed that wing of its building that morning for renovation. The only theater in the metro area still playing it. Sigh…..
In any case, we decided to do dinner. So, we walked around the corner to try Fire Works Restaurant – a restaurant located in the Courthouse area of Arlington, VA that I had heard so much about. What a find!
Here’s the skinny:
- First of all, we dined outdoors, right at sunset. It was beautiful and once the sun dipped below the buildings they lit up a fire. Great ambiance.
- Importantly, they serve gluten-free pizza. And if the GF version is anything like the delicious Siciliana one I had, you’re in for a treat!
- They also serve a gluten-free Cookie Dough Sundae; a sundae that, in it’s regular version, is legendary.
- They also serve SORBET! I believe the flavors vary. Mine was pink lemonade that night and so refreshing.
- And, last but definitely not least, our service was fantastic. They were helpful, knowledgeable about their menu, and didn’t mind us lingering while we chatted.
My friend and I had a great time catching up while NOT watching a movie (the best way, generally). We both felt Fire Works was such a coup given that her husband is gluten intolerant and my son is allergic to dairy that we can’t wait to come back with our families next time.