I don’t know what it is, but boy do I feel like baking these days! I can’t get chocolate chip cookies and strawberry shortcake off my mind. And you know, I never let a regular recipe stop me from serving treats to my son. I just work with what I know to make it allergy-free!
If you’re in a baking way as well, enjoy these allergy-free substitutions from the pros:
- Substitute peanut butter or almond butter with Sunbutter which is made from sunflower seeds.
- Substitute sesame seed oil with Safflower Oil. You’ll never notice the swap.
- Cow’s milk can be substituted part-for-part by rice milk, hemp milk or soy milk.
- Instead of eggs, you can use 3 tablespoons of applesauce for each egg in baked goods.
- One egg can also be substituted with 1 tsp baking soda added to dry ingredients while 1tsp of apple cider vinegar is added to wet ingredients. This creates a chemical reaction which causes dough and the like to rise.
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal combined with 3 tbsp of hot water can also replace an egg. And, as a bonus, flax seed is super-healthy for you.