I think the internet might have exploded yesterday when Chipotle posted the recipe for their yummy guacamole. Best news of all? It’s free of the top 8 allergens!
If you’re looking to do something special for Cinco de Mayo, try making some with your family tonight. It’s quick, easy, healthy and something everyone can enjoy!
Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!
From Chipotle themselves:
Chipotle’s Perfect Guacamole Recipe
- 2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.