Well, how much better does a day begin than with an award from a peer! Anu Rao from Allergy Foodie
kindly nominated me for a Liebster award, saying, “I have been following your blog since you were listed on the Circle of Moms Top Food Allergy Blog list. I love your emphasis on keeping our joie de vivre despite food allergies. And, that’s why you are one of the recipients of [this award].” Needless to say, she made my day!
Liebster is a German word for “Good Friend”. And how appropriate as I have found the food allergy community filled with them!
There are rules to receiving and accepting this award, and here they are:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and Paste the Award to your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the word and love to other bloggers.
5. Have fun.
With no further ado and in no particular order, I am excited to nominate the following blogs:
1. Food Allergy Family Fun: Food Allergy Family Fun is a great resource for families dealing with multiple food allergies (like ours does). Stories often accompany the easy to prepare recipes, reminding me (for one) that we’re not alone in managing with several severe food allergies. Plus, Leigha solved a huge conundrum for me: how to make an egg-free matzoh ball. And, for that alone I say you are a mensch!
2. Living the Allergic Life: Amy, mom of 3, has it in perspective. Not only does she come up with mouth-watering recipes time and again, but she adds a real-life perspective that is refreshingly honest. I appreciate her down-to-earth style which keeps me coming back for more. That and those allergy-free Oreo cookie balls. Whoa!
3. Jeanette’s Healthy Living: I stumbled upon this blog just recently and enjoy it immensely. Jeanette focuses on food allergy-friendly (primarily dairy and gluten) recipes but also on recipes that contribute to overall wellness. While incorporating whole, healing foods, her dishes are delicious, interesting and good for you! Jeanette’s blog inspires me to cook more often AND eat better.
4. Life with Both Hands Full: This blog focuses on the life of Krista and her two boys. But, it also centers around making things less complicated. It mirrors the philosophy I try to espouse in my own life and here at Allergy Shmallergy. I love the great tips I glean from this blog from crafts to Totally Organized Tuesdays. You never know what you’re going to learn, but it always makes your day a little easier. And, that’s the point, right?!
5. Pawleys Island Posh: A girl can’t work all of the time! And, when I need some inspiration I click over to Pawleys Island Posh for a fresh take on decor, fashion and a whole lot of other things. Julia’s clean vision and vibrant color schemes leave me feeling creative and happy. And, she’s funny! Julia has it going on… I’d hate her if I didn’t love her!